Whole wheat flour appam recipe, instant sweet appam recipe
Whole wheat flour appam recipe. A soft, easy and fluffy appam made with wheat flour, banana and jaggery during festivals like karthigai, krishna jayanthi etc.
Wheat flour appams are soft, fluffy, chewy, and delicious. They are guaranteed to become classics in your kitchen during festivals like ganesh chathurthi, karthigai deepam and krishna jayanthi.
How to make whole wheat flour appam or instant sweet appam:
1. In a mixing bowl, add wheat flour, rice flour, jaggery, banana, cardamom powder, grated coconut, cooking soda, and salt. Add little water and bring it to thick consistency like idli or vada batter.2. Heat the paniyaram pan and add few drops of oil in each of the paniyaram slots. Then spoon the batter on all the slots. Once the paniyaram turns golden brown on the sides, flip them over. Cook the other side until they turn golden brown. Switch off.Whole wheat flour appam is ready! Serve hot.
- Instead of using paniyaram pan, you can drop a small ladle full of batter in preheated oil and fry until golden brown.
- Adding grated coconut is optional. I like adding them as it gives some crunchiness when you bite these fluffy and sweet appams.
- You can deep fry the appams in ghee instead of oil.
- Banana adds flavor and softness to appams.
- Instead of wheat flour, you can use maida or all purpose flour.