Vegetable Pulao Recipe, Veg Pulao Recipe
Vegetable Pulao Recipe.An easy one pot Indian rice cooked with milk spices and mixed vegetables. Serve with Raita or spicy gravy.
Vegetable Pulao is my family’s favorite recipe, and this is the first pulao that I learned after my marriage. Some of my favorite pulao recipes other than Vegetable Pulao are Bread Pulao, Peas Pulao, Asparagas Peas Pulao and Kashmiri Pulao.
How to make vegetable pulao or veg pulao:
1. Soak basmati rice for 30 minutes. Grind ginger, garlic, clove and cinnamon with little water to a fine paste. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, and then add bay leaf and cardamom. Once aroma from bay leaf starts coming, add sliced onion.
3. Once onions turn transparent, add ginger garlic paste. Stir well and cook until the ginger garlic paste smell goes away. Add green chillies and cook for a minute. Then add the mixed vegetables.
4. Fry the mixed vegetables for three minutes, and then add the soaked and drained rice. Stir well, add salt, and cook for a minute.5. Add coconut milk or water and bring to a boil. Cover the pan and in low flame, cook for about 10 minutes. I have used a pan to cook the pulao. If you are using a pressure cooker, under medium flame cook for 2 whistles. Once the rice is cooked, add a teaspoon of ghee and fluff the rice.Now, Vegetable pulao is ready! Serve hot with Raita or some spicy gravy.
- You can also fry some cashew nuts or almonds, and add it to the rice.
- You can even add soy beans, broccoli, cauliflower, baby corn etc.
- If you like raisins, you can add them too. It would give some kind of sweetness to the pulao.