Tomato pasta recipe, tomato garlic pasta
I learned this tomato pasta recipe from my friend vanessa. I asked her if she could teach me some tomato pasta recipes. She said tomato pasta is very easy to make and made the pasta for me. Gj and myself loved it so much. I had always thought that pasta dishes need a lot of cheese in it. Gj is not a cheese person. So, when I asked Vanessa if she could make this Tomato pasta without cheese, she smiled and said I don’t need to add cheese for this pasta. WoW!
Tomato pasta was ready in just few minutes. It tasted so good, but if you want the tomato pasta to be heavy enough to fill your stomach for long hours, then you would need to add some grated parmesan cheese on top. Choice is yours!
How to make tomato pasta or tomato garlic pasta:
1. Fry garlic cloves in a teaspoon of olive oil until lightly roasted and set aside. In a blender, add roughly chopped tomatoes and roasted garlic cloves.2. Blend it to a fine puree and set aside. Meantime, cook spaghetti according to the directions on the package or boil water and add salt along with a teaspoon of oil. Stir well and then add the elbow pasta.3. Cook until elbow pasta becomes soft and transparent. Then drain the water and show it under cold running water. Drain the water again and set it aside. Now in a wide-bottomed pan, bring the tomato and garlic puree to a rolling boil.4. Add dried basil, pepper powder and salt. Stir well.5. Then add oregano and give a quick stir. Finally simmer the flame, add the cooked elbow pasta and stir well so that the pasta is well coated with the tomato sauce. Switch off.
Now, tomato pasta is ready! Serve hot.
- You can also roast mushroom in olive oil and add them to the pasta.
- I did not add cheese, but if you wish you could add parmesan cheese at the end.
- If you wish, you could increase or decrease the quantity of basil leaves, pepper powder and oregano based on your taste buds.
- Use fresh tomatoes as it gives a very good flavor to the tomato pasta.
- You can also roast the onions and add it at the end.
- Fresh basil leaves goes well with this recipe, but I did not have fresh basil leaves, so I used dried basil.