Tandoori chicken recipe, restaurant-style tandoori chicken recipe
Tandoori chicken recipe – Enjoy this delicious, tasty and juicy tandoori chicken made by marinating chicken with yogurt and spices.
In my family, all of us freak out when we hear about tandoori chicken. It is our damn favorite dish, and my mom makes it every Sunday for my father and brother. I make once a month and have it along with coriander yoghurt raita or mint yoghurt raita. I love the dips, and they go vey well with tandoori chicken. Sometimes, when I crave for the dips, I’ll make tandoori chicken.
Last saturday, we had a potluck and all the dishes were super yummy. All the dishes were equivalent to the ones made in good restaurants. On saturdays, I do not eat non-veg, so I had reserved prawn curry, chicken seekh kabab, hariyali chicken kabab, fish kuzhambu, thai red coconut curry for the next day. I did not have to cook for sunday as well as monday. We had so many leftover boxes at home. I tasted tandoori chicken and instantly fell in love with it.
Called the neighbor right away and asked for the recipe. She said she learned the recipe from chef harpal singh. I had some leftover chicken thigh pieces at home and tried it out on friday. It came out perfectly. Tandoori chicken lovers, here comes the recipe for authentic tandoori chicken.
How to make tandoori chicken recipe or restaurant-style tandoori chicken:
1. Using a sharp knife, cut deep slits in 2 to 3 places on the leg/thigh pieces of each chicken. Now let us get the first marinade ready. In a large bowl, add the chicken, chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, salt followed by lemon juice and combine well. Marinade for at least 15 to 20 minutes.2. Now let us get the second marinade ready. In another large bowl, add hung curd , kashmiri red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, garam masala powder, black salt, salt, and mustard oil. Combine well.3. Now add the chicken pieces to the second marinade.The chicken should be coated well with the marinade for at least 30 minutes to 2 hours.Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the marinated chicken on the aluminum foil or baking pan. Cover the baking pan with an aluminum foil.Broil the chicken for 15 to 20 minutes.Now, take out the baking tray and using a thong, turn the chicken pieces over and bast it with butter. Broil again for an additional 15 minutes. When chicken looks crispy and charred in some edges of the chicken, switch off the oven.Now, tandoori chicken is ready! Sprinkle little chat masala on top of the chicken and serve it with sliced onions and lemon wedges.
- If you don’t get mustard oil, add just normal oil.
- You do not have to add red food color because kashmiri red chilli powder will itself give a red color to the chicken.
- For the chicken to absorb the flavors well, please marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- When you make slits, the knife needs to touch the bone. The slits should be deep and big. This will allow the marinade to penetrate well, and the chicken will absorb flavors.
- When you place the chicken pieces on a baking tray, the chicken pieces should not touch each other. Leave enough space between them.