Tandoori aloo recipe, aloo tikka recipe
Tandoori aloo is a very good starter ad goes well with rice, pulao, biryani and even fried rice. I have made this tandoori aloo recipe so many times. It is very easy and simple to make. I have already posted a similar recipe tandoori gobi recipe which you all liked it. Hope you al like this one too.
How to make tandoori aloo or aloo tikka:
1. Add a cup of curd to the muslin cloth and hang it for at least 30 minutes.2. By this time,the water in thecurd would have drained. Set the hung curd aside. Dry roast besan flour until slightly browned.3. In a large mixing bowl, add the roasted besan flour, hung curd, and all the other ingredients except oil and boiled potato cubes.4.Combine the ingredients well in the mixing bowl. Parboil potatoes with salt.Then add the boiled potato cubes and mix well.The potatoes should be coated well. Marinate it for an hour. Meantime, preheat oven at 200 deg C for 10mins.After an hour, the marinated potatoes would look little dry.5.Now arrange the potatoes in the baking tray. Drizzle oil on the potatoes and bake it for 30 minutes.Turn over in between for even baking/grilling. When they start to brown, remove them and place it in a serving tray. Sprinkle coriander leaves or chaat masala.Now, tandoori aloo is ready!Sprinkle lemon juice and serve with coriander yoghurt raita or mint yoghurt raita or even green chutney (chat chutney).
- Instead of baking/grilling, you can deep fry or shallow fry the potatoes.
- Keep an eye after thirty minutes as timing varies from each oven to oven.
- For easy cleaning, you can place the silver foil on the baking tray and grill the potato cubes.
- The more time it marinates,it will absorb the masalas well.
- You can use skewers and thread the potatoes, capsicum and onion alternatively.