Stuffed masala bun recipe, masala stuffed buns, masala buns recipe
I like stuffed masala bun recipe so much, and have it along with tea in the evenings. For those who love buns, please refer my french bread roll.During my childhood days, when I have masala bun, I would wonder how they managed to place the masala stuffing inside the cooked bun. Insane right? Yes, that’s how I was.
When my mom came here few months back, we were talking about varieties of buns. That is when it stuck to me that I did not have stuffed masala bun for a long time. Very next day when Sanvi went to school, I made this stuffed masala bun for my mom and she just loved it. It tasted very similar to the ones made in bakery.
Stuffed masala bun is definitely a favorite snack among the kids. I am sure you are going to love it. When you look at the pictures, it seems to be a long preparation, but actually not. It is quite simple to make.
How to make stuffed masala bun or masala stuffed buns or masala buns:
1. Warm the milk and add sugar. Stir well and then add yeast to it. Mix well again and set aside for five minutes. After five minutes, you will see the yeast froth and rise.
2. Meantime, in a large mixing bowl, add all purpose flour, oil, salt, and water. Mix well and then add the yeast.
3.Combine all the ingredients well to form a smooth dough. Cover the dough with a cling wrap and keep it in a warm place for an hour.
4. Heat oil in a pan, and let the cumin seeds sizzle. Add chopped onions and fry till transparent. Add vegetables and chopped potatoes.
5. Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, and salt. Saute well till the raw smell goes off. The veggies and masala powder should blend well. Switch off, and add the coriander leaves and lemon juice. Let the stuffing cool down completely.
6. By now (i.e). after half an hour, the dough would have doubled in size. Knead the dough gently again and make six equal sized balls. Line the baking tray with foil/parchment paper or brush it with oil, then arrange the balls with enough spacing between them. Again brush the balls with oil. Preheat the oven to190C. Meantime, roll the stuffing into small balls.The stuffing balls should be half the size of the rolled buns.By now, the dough would have raised even more.
7. Now take the bun and make a dent in the center. Place the stuffing on the dent.
8. Gather the ends of the dough and cover the stuffing. Roll it to a smooth bun. Repeat the same for all the buns. Arrange the stuffed buns on a baking tray with the stuffed side down.Brush them well with oil again.Bake for 17- 20 mins or until the top crust turns golden brown in colour.
Now, stuffed masala buns are ready! Serve hot with tea.
- You can add any veggies you want.
- Yeast plays an important part in the recipe. In the first step, the yeast should rise and turn frothy when mixed with milk and sugar. If it does not rise, then do not use the yeast.
- In the first step, use warm milk. Hot milk will kill the yeast.