Strawberry burfi – A simple, tasty and mouth-watering sweet made with strawberry puree.
My husband Gj buys strawberries a lot. If you ask me if he loves strawberries, the answer is no or may be. He will buy them in bulk along with some fruits. I will then have the pressure to finish them off as soon as possible because strawberries ripen and get spoiled quickly.
I tell Gj to buy a small pack always and that has never happened so far. This time, he bought two packs of strawberries. Gj and Sanvi had cold so they said no to strawberries. Finally, I have to finish them up. I am not a big fan of strawberries. When I was thinking about finishing off these strawberries without wasting them, I came up with this idea: Strawberry Burfi.
Strawberry burfi was quite easy to make, and the burfi had the flavor of strawberries and tasted really good. When Gj came from work, I offered him strawberry burfi. He could not make it out. He simply said the taste was really good. When I conducted a quiz for both the father and daughter, both did not find out. They simply said that the burfi had strawberry flavor but both loved it. Hope you all like it too.
Here comes the recipe for strawberry burfi.
How to make strawberry burfi:
1. Heat ghee in a wide-bottomed non-stick pan. Add besan flour and fry till the raw smell of besan flour goes away. Also, besan flour should turn lightly golden in color.
2. Add a cup of whole strawberry to a blender and puree it without adding water.
3. Now add the strawberry puree to the fried besan flour. Add milk and give a quick stir. The mixture will be pale brown in color.
4. Then add sugar and stir well.5. Grind coconut finely in a blender.
6. Add the grated coconut to the strawberry mixture. Reduce the flame. Keep stirring the mixture for about 15 to 20 minutes. Add the chopped fresh strawberries and cashew nuts.
7. The mixture will eventually form a thick mass and would leave the sides of the pan when you stir it. This is the right consistency. Grease a pan, where you are going to transfer the strawberry burfi, using little ghee.
8. Then transfer the strawberry burfi to the greased pan and let it cool down. I have shaped it like a flower. You can cut the strawberry burfi into slices or shape them or have it as such.
Now, strawberry burfi is ready!