Spinach Paratha Recipe,Palak Paratha
Spinach Paratha Recipe,Palak Paratha – A very healthy and flavorful wholesome paratha made with spinach puree. Serve Spinach Paratha with raita and enjoy!
We always have a bunch of spinach at home. I make at least two recipes every week. For lunch, I would make Palak Kichadi, Keerai Sambar, Keerai Masiyal, and Keerai Rice. Sometimes, I would make Keerai Poriyal to have as an accompaniment for rice.
If I have very little spinach at home, then I would smoothie like Banana Spinach Smoothie and Green Paradise Smoothie. If it was snacks, then I would make Palak Pakora, Keerai Paniyaram, Hara Bhara Kabab, and Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich.
Spinach Paratha Recipe, Palak Paratha recipe card:
How to make palak paratha or spinach paratha:
1. Wash the spinach well, and boil it in hot water for 5 to 7 minutes. Strain and reserve the stock. Let the spinach cool down completely. Then add the spinach to the blender along with the reserved stock.
2. Grind the spinach to a fine puree. In a large mixing bowl, add the wheat flour, salt, ajwain seeds, green chillies, a teaspoon of oil, and spinach puree.
3. Add reserved stock and combine the dough well to form a smooth pliable dough. Keep it covered for 15 minutes. Divide the dough and make medium-sized balls.
4. Dust the ball with wheat flour and start rolling it into your desired shape using a rolling pin. If you wish, you could sprinkle little flour on top of the rolled parathas.
5. On a hot pan, put the rolled paratha and once you see the bubbles appear, spread oil on the parathas. Flip the paratha, spread oil and cook until few brown spots appear. Using a ladle, press the paratha on the corners. Switch off.
Now, Palak Parathas are ready! Serve hot with Raita or Pickle.
- You can add 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder/jeera powder instead of omam/ajwain seeds.
- You can red chilli powder instead of green chillies.
- You can also grind 1/4 teaspoon of ginger along with spinach and make a puree.