Semiya payasam recipe, Vermicelli kheer
My mom makes this dessert very often at least once in two weeks. Sometimes, my mom makes vermicelli sago kheer. I like that kheer too. Vermicelli sago kheer tastes very similar to semiya payasam.
Semiya payasam is very simple and easy to make.I just love this creamy and delicious dessert. If you are beginner in cooking, then this semiya payasam will make your life a lot easier. Try it out and I am sure you will relish it.
How to make semiya payasam or vermicelli kheer:
1. Heat a teaspoon of ghee in medium-low flame and roast vermicelli by stirring continuously until light golden brown. Set it aside.
2. In the same pan and in low flame,add a teaspoon of ghee and roast cashew nuts and raisins. Once raisins become plumpy and cashew nuts turn golden brown, remove and keep it aside.
3. In a heavy bottomed pan, in medium flame bring milk to boil by stirring continuously. Add the roasted vermicelli and cook until the vermicelli turns soft.
4. Now add the sugar and stir until it dissolves. Then add cardamom powder and salt. Give a quick stir and cook for a minute or so.
5. Finally, add the roasted cashew nuts and raisins and stir well. Switch off.
Now, semiya payasam is ready! Serve warm or chill.