Rice and dal adai recipe, Arisi paruppu adai
When I do not find time to make dosa and Idly batter, I make this adai and have it along with sambar, avial and chutney. I will have two adai, and my stomach becomes full. Usually, people say do not eat adai for dinner as it takes time to digest. Then, why not have it in the morning? Have two to three adai and you are all set for next 3-4 hours.
Beginners, you can refer how to cook lentils/All about lentils to know how to buy lentils.
Rice and Dal Adai, Arisi Paruppu Adai recipe card:
How to make rice and dal adai or arisi paruppu adai:
1. Wash and soak the rice in water for 1 and 1/2 hours.Wash and soak the dals for 1/2 hour just before you are going to grind.
2. Drain the water from the soaked rice. Grind the soaked rice into to a coarse batter and pour it into a large mixing bowl. Consistency of the rice batter should neither be loose or thick.
3. Likewise, grind the soaked dals using very little water into a coarse batter along with the rest of the ingredients. Pour it into the same mixing bowl.Consistency of the dal batter should neither be loose or thick.
4. Now, using a ladle mix both the rice and dal batter well.
5. Heat a dosa pan. Using a ladle, take the batter and spread it on the dosa pan. Apply oil on the corners of the dosa. When one side of the adai is cooked, flip it over to cook the other side.
Now, rice and dal adai is ready! Serve hot with sambar and chutney.