Peanut chutney recipe, kadalai chutney, groundnut chutney
Peanut chutney recipe, kadalai chutney, groundnut chutney. An easy, flavorful and delicious chutney that goes well with idli, dosa and tiffin.
Of all the chutneys, I like peanut chutney and hotel style coconut chutney the most. Peanut chutney goes well with idli, dosa and almost any tiffin item. It is an easy and simple chutney. Peanut chutney can be made in two ways: using coconut and without hotel style coconut chutney. When I have guest at home, I would make this chutney. This version of peanut chutney does not have coconut in it. Hope you all like my peanut chutney!
How to make peanut chutney or kadalai chutney or groundnut chutney:
1. Dry roast peanuts in low flame until they turn crisp and light brown. Set aside and let it cool down.2. Remove the skin of peanuts by rubbing it together with your fingers. In the same pan, add a teaspoon of oil, roast urad dal, channa dal and green chillies until they turn light brown.3. Set aside and let it cool down. Now transfer them to a mixer along with roasted peeled peanuts, ginger, salt and water.4.Grind smoothly. Heat oil n a small pan, and let the mustard seeds splutter. Then add urad dal, asafoetida and curry leaves. Once urad dal turns golden brown, add the seasoning to the chutney.Now, peanut chutney is ready! Serve with idli, dosa and tiffin items.
- If you wish, you can add two tablespoon of coconut and grind with other ingredients.
- Add water based on the consistency you want the chutney to be.
- You can also grind the chutney along with its skin.
- You can add garlic instead of ginger and avoid asafoetida/hing instead.
- You can add red chillies instead of green chillies.