Paneer Paratha Recipe
I tasted Paneer Paratha for the first time in a nearby restaurant. It was so delicious and tasty. The restaurant is 2 hours away from my house, still whenever we go, we would buy Paneer Paratha from there. The paratha would be loaded with paneer…lots and lots of paneer. Since then I wanted to try this Paneer Paratha at home.
Without hesitation, I wanted to post this Paneer Paratha recipe here so that all of you could enjoy it.Hope you all like this Paneer Paratha recipe as much as I do.
How to make paneer paratha:
1. In a mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour, salt, and oil. Combine them and knead it well to form a soft non-sticky pliable dough. Cover and set it aside for 20 minutes.
2. In another mixing bowl, add paneer, green chillies, ginger, coriander leaves, cumin seeds, garam masala powder and salt. Mix well. Stuffing for the paratha is ready.
3. Now make 5 equal sized balls out of the dough, and dust it in wheat flour. Then make equal sized balls out of the stuffing too.4. Roll the dough into a medium circle, and place the paneer stuffing in the center. Gather the ends of the dough towards the center. Close it on all sides.
5. Flatten the dough with hands, and then roll it out gently on all sides to form thick parathas.
6. Heat tawa and drizzle few drops of oil. In medium flame, place the rolled out paratha and cook until golden brown spots appear. Then flip it over and cook the other side until brown spots appear. Repeat the same process for the rest of the dough.
Now, Paneer Paratha is ready! Serve warm with Raita or Pickle.
- If your paneer has excess moisture, then it would be difficult for you to roll out the Parathas. Make sure you remove excess water/moisture from the paneer.
- Roll out the parathas gently otherwise the stuffing might ooze out.