Palak Paneer Recipe, Saag Paneer Recipe
Palak Paneer Recipe is a popular and creamy North Indian recipe cooked using spinach puree and paneer.
I make Palak Paneer at least once in two weeks. I have it along with rotis. Just love the dish…
Palak Paneer is a HIT in my family.Kids generally love this recipe because of the presence of paneer. It is also very easy to make. Palak Paneer is one way of feeding greens to the kids.Sometimes, I substitute paneer with tofu. Palak Tofu also taste good.
If you have not tried Palak Paneer before, try it now…You will fall in love with it. Palak Paneer, I just love you…
The other Paneer recipes that you might be interested are:
Paneer Bhurji/Paneer Bhujia
How to make palak paneer or saag paneer:
1.In another vessel, boil tomato in hot water for 3-5 minutes. Cool it down and grind the tomato to a fine puree.
2. In a frying pan, using one teaspoon oil, fry the paneer cubes until they turn light golden color.
3. In the same frying pan, heat oil and ghee. Saute green chillies.Add spinach and saute for 3-4 minutes.
4. Make sure you fry spinach well, otherwise you will get a raw flavor while eating. Allow it to cool and then grind it into a fine paste.
5. In the same frying pan, heat ghee. Fry onions until they turn golden color. Add ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw smell of the paste goes off. Now add the cumin powder and coriander powder and saute well.
6. Now, add the tomato puree and fry for 3-4 minutes.Then, add spinach puree and add water if required. Do not dilute it too much.
7.Boil for 4 minutes.Sim the fire and add paneer cubes and cream or cashew nut paste and boil it for 3-4 minutes.
Now, Palak Paneer is ready!
- If you are vegan, you can always substitute paneer with tofu.
- Adding cream is optional
- You can add paneer cubes directly instead of frying them.