Olive rice recipe, spiced olive rice recipe
Olive rice recipe with step by step pictures. A quick and easy spiced rice made with olive oil. A perfect lunchbox dish that goes well with a spicy gravy.
What do you think will be taste of the olive rice. A different taste – may be plain, less spice, or less bitter? It is called olive rice as olive oil is used to saute this rice. Whenever I have leftover rice and have no time to think about any other dishes, I would make this olive rice recipe. Since the olive rice recipe does not require any veggies, it is very easy to cook too. You save a lot of time. It is definitely a different kind of rice with a combination of olive oil, garlic, and white pepper powder. You can try and see how it tastes!
Health benefits of olive oil
- Rich in healthy mono saturated fats.
- Large amounts of antioxidants.
- Strong anti-inflammatory properties.
- Help prevent strokes and protects against heart disease.
- Helps in weight loss.
- Boosts metabolism and improves digestion.
- Prevents gall stones and strengthens cell walls.
- Reduces risk of cancer.
- Prevents breast cancer and lowers hypertension.
How to make olive rice recipe, spiced olive rice:
1. Grate the lemon rind finely.
2. In a frying pan, heat oil. Add garlic pods and fry for 30 seconds. Then add coriander leaves. Now add boiled rice and give a quick stir.
3. Add white pepper powder, salt, and grated lemon skin in an order. Sprinkle water and cook for three minutes in high flame.
Now, olive rice is ready! Serve with a spicy side dish.