Olive rice recipe, spiced rice recipe
Olive rice recipe or spiced rice recipe with step by step pictures. A quick and easy spiced rice made with olive oil. A perfect lunchbox dish that goes well with a spicy gravy.
What do you think will be taste of the olive rice. A different taste – may be plain, less spice, or less bitter? It is called olive rice as olive oil is used to saute this rice.
Whenever I have leftover rice and have no time to think about any other dishes, I would make this olive rice recipe. Since the olive rice recipe does not require any veggies, it is very easy to cook too. You save a lot of time. It is definitely a different kind of rice with a combination of olive oil, garlic, and white pepper powder. You can try and see how it tastes!
Health benefits of olive oil
- Rich in healthy mono saturated fats.
- Large amounts of antioxidants.
- Has strong anti-inflammatory properties.
- Help prevent strokes and protects against heart disease.
- Helps in weight loss.
- Boosts metabolism and improves digestion.
- Prevents gall stones and strengthens cell walls.
- Reduces risk of cancer.
- Prevents breast cancer and lowers hypertension.
If you are looking for similar rice recipes like olive rice that are quick and easy to make, then you might like:
sesame rice or ellu sadam
gooseberry rice or nellikai sadam
mint cumin rice
Olive rice recipe or spiced olive rice recipe card:
How to make olive rice recipe or spiced olive rice:
1. Grate the lemon rind finely.2. In a frying pan, heat oil. Add garlic pods and fry for 30 seconds. Then add coriander leaves. Now add boiled rice and give a quick stir.3. Add white pepper powder, salt, and grated lemon skin in an order. Sprinkle water and cook for three minutes in high flame.Now, olive rice is ready! Serve with a spicy side dish.