Oats curd rice, Curd oats recipe
Oats curd rice recipe, oats curd rice. A healthy and simple curd rice made with oats, curd/yogurt and simple seasonings.
Since oats are very healthy, I want to make it very tasty and have it at least once a week. The preparation of oats curd is very similar to our traditional curd rice recipe. Any kind of oats will work for this recipe.
Oats has numerous health benefits. To name few, oats prevents cardiovascular disease, prevents constipation, controls blood sugar levels, reduces the risk of cancer and hypertension.
How much ever oats dish is tasty, sometimes if people do not like oats it is difficult to make them eat. Oats curd rice makes my job easier as I do not have to convince anyone to eat it. On seeing the rice itself, they would assume it to be like that of curd rice and voila my desire to make everyone eat oats gets fulfilled.
Oats curd rice recipe, Curd oats recipe card:
How to make oats curd rice or curd oats rice:
1. Boil rice using 2.5 cups of water. Using masher, mash the cooked rice well and add more water if needed.
2. Boil oats using 1/2 cup water and a pinch of salt for three minutes. Add green chillies, raw mango, and ginger. Transfer it to a mixing bowl and let it cool down.
3. Beat the curd well. In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds pop out, add curry leaves, red chillies, and urad dal.
4. Now add a teaspoon of oil and fry the raisins until they plump up. Add the seasoning and raisins to the cooked rice.
5. Add the beaten curd and oats to the cooked rice. Combine them well. Finally add coriander leaves and serve.
Now, oats curd rice is ready! Serve curd oats with pickle.