Mushroom bell pepper quiche. A delicious quiche made with mushroom and bell pepper makes a perfect breakfast, brunch or snack.
Mushroom bell pepper quiche is one of my favorite brunch dishes. Usually, I make this quiche for breakfast or brunch.
You ask me if kids like quiche. It’s a good thing that this quiche tastes so delicious and will definitely satisfy your kids taste buds.
Quiche is totally adaptable. You can make quiches with chicken, potatoes, spinach, zucchini, broccoli, squash, asparagus, green onions, leeks etc. You can throw in vegetables and cheeses that you have lying in your refrigerator.
For this quiche recipe, I have used mushroom and bell peppers/capsicum. I have made many variations of quiche like spinach and asparagus combination zucchini and potatoes etc. Sometimes, I would combine three to four veggies to make a colorful quiche.
If you have party or potluck, you can make this easy quiche, and it would not disappoint you or your guests. You can make the filling for this quiche ahead of time and refrigerate it. When you’re ready, you can pour it on the crust and bake it. Quiche is better served at room temperature.
One more good thing about Quiche. You can refrigerate them for up to 3 days or freeze them to reheat at a later time.
Once you have made this Quiche, you will end up making and baking it again and again. Who is up for this challenge?
How to make mushroom bell pepper quiche:
1. In a saucepan, bring water to boil and blanch the mushroom for 3 minutes. Drain the water. Once the mushrooms cool down, chop the mushrooms.2. Heat oil in a pan and then add the onions, bell pepper and mushroom. Saute until the veggies turn soft and cooked.3. In a mixing bowl, add milk and eggs. Mix well.4. Add black pepper powder and salt to the egg and combine well.5. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Fit the rolled pie crust into and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.6. Scatter the veggie mixture at the bottom of the crust. Pour the egg mixture on top.7. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Place the pie crust on the preheated oven and bake until set. This would take about 40 -45 minutes. Insert a toothpick or knife in the center and see if it comes out clean. Switch off the oven and rest the quiche for 5 minutes and then serve.Now, mushroom bell pepper quiche is ready!
- You can use chicken, potatoes, spinach, zucchini, broccoli, squash, asparagus, green onions, leeks etc.
- You can make the pie crust from scratch or you can use the store bought pre-baked pie crust.
- Quiche can be served warm or cold or at room temperature.
- You can refrigerate them for up to 3 days or freeze them to reheat at a later time.