Moong dal ladoo recipe, nei urundai, pasi paruppu ladoo
Moong dal ladoo/Nei Urundai is a simple and easy recipe to make for Diwali. If you have to make lot of sweets, it would be better if you have this recipe in your to-do list. Kids can also help you to shape the ladoo.
Trust me, they would love to do it. My aunt makes very good ladoos, and during the time of Diwali, she would make a dozen of ladoos and send it for me. This was one of the sweets that I made for my “Thalai Diwali”. Sanvi likes ladoos so much especially this one. I make this ladoo very often for Sanvi. Nowadays, Shreeya is also liking it. Hope you all like it too.
Here is the recipe of moong dal ladoo/Nei Urundai.
How to make moong dal ladoo or nei urundai or pasi paruppu ladoo:
1. Powder cardamom pods and sugar finely using a blender.
2. Dry roast moong dal in medium flame until it turns golden brown in color. Keep stirring the moong dal to ensure even browning. Switch off and let it cool down.
3. Grind roasted moong dal to a fine powder. Sieve the moong dal powder and powdered sugar to remove any grainy particles.
4. Now add a teaspoon of ghee, and fry the cashews till golden brown. Transfer the moong dal flour, powdered sugar, and fried cashews to a wide mixing bowl. Meantime, heat ghee in a pan. When the ghee is warm, add the ghee to the mixing bowl little by little.
5. Combine the powdered sugar, moong dal flour, fried cashew nuts and ghee well using a ladle. If the ghee is hot, let it rest for awhile until its warm enough for you to handle with your hands. Then shape them into ladoos.
Now, moong dal ladoo is ready! Store it in an airtight containers.
- Keep stirring moong dal continuously while roasting it. It should turn light golden brown in color. Make sure you do not burn them otherwise the ladoos will not have a good flavor.
- Keep stirring moong dal continuously while roasting it. It should turn light golden brown in color.
- Make sure you do not burn them otherwise the ladoos will not have a good flavor.
- Add ghee little by little. If your ladoos have more ghee, then it would be very shiny and have high flavor of ghee.
- If you want more sweetness, you can even add more powdered sugar.
- If the ladoo has cracks, add more ghee and shape them.