Mayonnaise recipe, how to make mayonnaise at home
Mayonnaise recipe. A simple, delicious and creamy condiment that you can make at home with just few basic ingredients. It is a perfect side for all your favorite recipes.
Homemade mayonnaise calls for just few ingredients and a blender, but tastes so simple to make and has better flavor than store-bought.
Mayonnaise is generally served as a light dip for an appetizer. Its creamy and slightly tangy flavor goes well with sandwich and salad too. Just spread this mayonnaise on your toast and you are ready to have it.
When you add oil and acid, it gives bright acidity and a fresh flavor to the mayonnaise. I have seen my friends adding fresh herbs, garlic, agave syrup for more flavor. Most of the times, it is always fun to play around with blending ingredients.
You can make mayonnaise/mayo with coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil, and even butter. While making this mayonnaise, make sure that ingredients are not too hot or too cold as it will cause the mayonnaise to separate.
Do try this homemade mayonnaise recipe and see if you fall in love with this bright colored and flavorful dip. I am sure you will agree that this dip is better than the store-bought ones.
How to make mayonnaise:
1. In a mixing bowl, add egg, lemon juice, dijon mustard, sea salt, and black pepper. Transfer it to a blender, and blend well until well combined. Now add 1/4 cup of oil. Blend once for 5 seconds.
2. Now add 1/4 cup of oil and then blend again for 5 seconds. Repeat the same procedure. Keep adding the oil in a very slow and thin stream. Blend until mayonnaise becomes thick and smooth.
Now, mayonnaise is ready!
- Mayonnaise can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Adding freshly ground black or white pepper will enhance the flavor and texture.
- Use clean spoon every time you use it.
- You can also add fresh herbs, garlic, agave syrup for more flavor.
- You can use coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil, and even butter.
- Make sure that ingredients are not too hot or too cold as it will cause the mayonnaise to separate.
- You can also combine 1/2 cup of olive oil and 1/2 cup of neutral vegetable oil.
- Make sure you drizzle the oil slowly.The slower you pour, the thicker the mayonnaise will be. If you pour it too fast, it will be runny.