Mangottai Kuzhambu,Mango Seed Gravy, Mango Seed Kuzhambu
Like me, I know many of you would be enjoying eating mangoes this summer. My paternal grandma would make kuzhambu out of mango seeds. I wanted to give it a try. This recipe was in my recipe diary, and I made it day before yesterday. We simply loved the flavor of the Mangottai Kuzhambu.
I was glad that I didn’t let the mango seeds go waste. I collected about five mango seeds, and then tried this kuzhambu. If you are not able to collect mango seeds on a day to make this kuzhambu, then just save them in your freezer. When you have enough, then try this Mangottai Kuzhambu recipe. Okay, having said that, let’s move on to the recipe.
Mango lovers, if you are looking for more Mango recipes, then please refer my Mango Collection post.
Other kuzhambu recipes that you might be interested:
Biriyani Brinjal Kuzhambu
Brinjal Puli Kuzhambu
Cucumber Moru Kootu
Mochai Kara Kuzhambu
Pavakkai Pitlai/Bittergourd Pitlai
Poosanikai Mor Kuzhambu
Vendakkai Mor Kuzhambu
How to make mango seed gravy or mangottai kuzhambu:
1. Heat four teaspoon of oil in a pan, and then fry onions, red chillies, cumin seeds, curry leaves, garlic, coriander seeds, and coriander powder. Fry until the onions turn golden brown.
2. Set aside and once it cools down completely, transfer it to a mixer and grind them coarsely in pulse mode. Now roast the coconut in a teaspoon of oil separately.
3. Now add roasted coconut pieces and then grind again to a smooth paste and set aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan, and let the mustard seeds splutter. Then add the mango seeds and saute for a minute. Then add 1 and 1/2 cups water and salt.Let it boil well.Now add the ground paste and stir well.
5. Then add little water and boil for five more minutes or until the kuzhambu thickens.
Now, Mangottai Kuzhambu is ready! Serve hot with rice and Idli.