Mango Shrikhand Recipe, Amrakhand Recipe – A popular and delicious Indian dessert made with strain yogurt/curd and mangoes.
My cousin likes Shrikhand a lot. When I was young, we used to dine in her favorite restaurant where they make tasty Mango Shrikhand. I tasted the Mango Shrikhand for the first time there and fell in love with it. Mango Shrikhand has a creamy flavor and it is hard to resist for me.
I made it last week and at the time of taking pictures, I had unexpected guest at home. I took pictures quickly and gave it to her. For some reason, the color of the last picture and the color of the Mango Shrikhand are differing. Please don’t even ask me. I do not know the reason.It might be because of the light. My kitchen has too much lighting than needed, and it is often very challenging for me to take pictures.
My friend had Mango Shrikhand and loved it to the core. She called her husband and shared her joy of eating this tasty dessert. I have promised her husband that I will make Mango Shrikhand for him this coming week. Usually, when I just make a recipe unplanned, I would have enough time to take pictures. Both Sanvi and Shreeya would cooperate. On the other hand, when I plan well ahead of time to make a dish, Sanvi and Shreeya would want my attention and they would not let me go anywhere even for a minute or so.
How to make mango shrikhand or amrakhand:
1. Place the curd/yoghurt in a muslin cloth and hang it until the whey/water is drained completely. It would take about 30 to 40 minutes.
2. Meantime, add the ripe mango pulp to the blender and grind until smooth.
3. Once the whey has drained out completely, transfer the hung curd to a mixing bowl. Add boiled milk to the curd and whisk well until smooth.4. To it, add the mango pulp, cardamom powder, and sugar. Stir well. Add saffron strand and give a quick stir. Make sure Mango Shrikhand does not have lumps. Garnish with almonds and pistachios and serve.
Now Mango Shrikhand is ready! Refrigerate for an hour and serve chill.
- You can use store bought mango pulp too.
- I have added boiled milk because my hung curd/yoghurt was thick. Adding milk is optional.
- Sweet mangoes are best to make mango shrikhand.
- You can use chiroli nuts which is generally used for mango shrikhand/amrakhand recipe.
- Stays well for a day or two if refrigerated.