Mango Kesari Recipe, Mango Sheera
Kesari is one of my favorite sweets, and I like to experiment it with may fruits. I make kesari often at home especially on thursdays for pooja. Of all the kesari recipes I have made thus far, I like Fruit Kesari the most. Last week, I made this Mango Kesari and liked it to the core. Mango Kesari tastes so heavenly and delicious. The taste still lingers in my mouth.
Kesari is quite simple and easy to make. You don’t need much experience to make it. That is why I make kesari recipes –Milk Kesari, Atta Kesari and Aval Kesari often. If you like Kesari, then you would definitely like Mango Kesari which has the sweetness and flavor of mangoes. Try it out and let me know.
If you are looking for more mango recipes, then please check “Mango Recipes“.
How to make mango kesari or mango sheera:
1. Peel the mango and roughly chop the fruit into pieces and discard the seed. Blend the mango pulp in a mixer until smooth.Set the mango pulp aside. Then in a non-stick or heavy bottomed pan, heat a teaspoon of ghee and roast the cashew nuts until golden brown and set it aside.
2. In the same pan, add half the quantity of ghee (1/8th of ghee) and roast the rava for a minute or so.Rava should turn lightly toasted and aromatic but make sure the color of the rava does not change. Set the rava aside.
3. Then in another pan, boil water along with salt. Add the mango pulp to it and stir well. In medium low flame, add the roasted rava little by little and stir well continuously to avoid lumps. If there are any lumps, just break the lumps and stir well.
4. Lower the flame and cook covered until the rava is cooked.
5.Add sugar and cardamom powder and mix well. The mixture will loosen but keep stirring to avoid lumps. Once the mixture thickens, add rest of the ghee and stir well. Once the mixture leaves the sides of the pan, add the roasted cashew nuts and give a quick stir. Switch off.
Now, Mango Kesari is ready!
- You can adjust the quantity of ghee as per your wish.
- Make sure rava is cooked well before adding sugar, if not the kesari would not taste good.
- Choose sweet, ripe and less fibrous mango. I used Alphonso.
- You can also add raisins.