Lemon oats recipe
Lemon oats recipe – A healthy Indian breakfast dish made with oats and lemon. Lemon oats recipe is similar to lemon rice.
I am planning to post many oats recipes in the following weeks. This week, it is lemon oats recipe. Lemon oats is a very simple and easy recipe to make. It is very similar to oats upma and lemon rice. You just cook oats and season it with turmeric powder and lemon juice. Sounds so simple right? Try it out and you’ll like it. You don’t need a side dish for this dish as it is a wholesome meal.
How to make lemon oats:
1. Heat oil in a pan, and let the mustard seeds splutter. Then add urad dal and chana dal and let it turn golden brown. Then add green chillies, curry leaves and hing followed by cashew nuts.2. Once cashews turn golden brown, add turmeric powder, salt and water. Mix well and bring the water to a boil.3. Once the water starts boiling, add the oats and mix well. Reduce the flame and cook covered for about 4 minutes. Remove the lid and then add lemon juice. Mix well and cook for four more minutes. Give a quick stir and switch off.Now, lemon oats is ready! Serve hot.
- You can also dry roast oats for 2 minutes and then follow the same procedure. This will give you a fluffier upma.
- You can use peanuts or cashew nuts.
- I used Quaker quick cooking oats. If you are using any other oats, then adjust the water quantity.
- You can also use red chillies instead of green chillies.
- Lemon Oats do not need a side dish, but if want you can serve it with raita, pickle or even coconut chutney.