Kondakadalai sundal recipe, chickpeas sundal
I make a variety of sundal recipes at home, as it is good for health. Also, it is very easy and simple to make. Every thursday, I will make sundal recipes for the pooja. Mostly, it would be kondakadalai sundal/channa sundal or black chick peas sundal.
When I plan to watch some thriller or horror film, I would make kondakadalai sundal. Strange right?I like eating sundal when I watch films especially horror films. Please don’t ask me why…..If you come and see me, I will sit on a corner of the sofa and pick and eat sundal one by one. It gives me lot of happiness. By the time I finish eating at least ten sundals, Gj would have finished half his cup of sundal. He will grin at me saying “Still eating….”. Yeah but now he is so used to my slow eating. Now, Sanvi is following my footsteps. I have her company now.
Kondakadalai sundal recipe is easy and simple to make. I wanted to post this sundal recipe for a long time now, I am happy that I have finally done it. Cheers to me!
How to make klondakadalai sundal or chickpeas sundal:
1. Wash and soak the chickpeas overnight or at least for eight hours in three cups of water. After 8 hours, the chickpeas should have doubled in size. Now, pressure cook chick peas using three cups of water and little salt for three whistles or until soft. Drain the chickpeas. Use the stock for rasam or sambar.
2. Heat oil in a pan, and add channa dal followed by coriander seeds, pepper and red chillies. Once channa dal turns light brown, add the jeera and asafoetida. Fry for just 30 seconds, switch off, and let it cool down.
3. Meantime, transfer the channa dal to the pan and saute for a minutes without adding oil. Meantime, grind the roasted ingredients along with coconut smoothly.
4. On low flame, add the ground mixture to the channa and stir well for two minutes. Heat oil in a small pan, and let the mustard seeds splutter. Then add urad dal and curry leaves. Once urad dal turns golden brown, add it to the channa and stir well.
Now, Kondakadalai Sundal is ready! Enjoy!
- Cook channa until soft so that it catches the masala well.