Kollu Podi Recipe, Horsegram Powder for Idli, Dosa and Rice
Many of you would be wondering why I am posting Kollu Podi again. Yes, this is another version of Kollu Podi which tastes equally good. In this version of Kollu Podi recipe, I have added urad dal and did not add curry leaves. You can have this Kollu Podi with rice by adding a dash of ghee or else you can have this podi along with Dosa/Idli. I have this podi twice a week because it Is very good for health. When I make dosa, I would sprinkle this Kollu Podi on the dosa. Try this version also. You will like it.
I had the privilege of making this Kollu Podi/Horsegram Powder for Puthiya Thalaimurai Channel and everyone liked this podi so much. Below is the link of the show that I made for the channel:
Kollu Podi Recipe, Horsegram Powder for Idli, Dosa and Rice:
Recipe Reference. Chef. Padma
How to make Kollu Podi or Horsegram Powder for Idli, Dosa and Rice:
1. Dry roast kollu/horsegram until it becomes brown. Set aside to cool.
2. In the same pan, dry roast urad dal. When urad dal turns light brown, set aside to cool.
3.Now dry roast red chillies until it turns light brown. Once the kollu, urad dal and red chillies have cooled down, transfer them to a blender.
4.Now add asafoetida and salt and grind it to a semi-fine powder. Cool down and store in airtight container.
Now, Kollu Podi /Horsegram Powder is ready!
- Refrigerate the kollu podi if you want to have it for a longer duration.
- Grind only when the ingredients have cooled down completely.
- While handling the podi, use only dry spoon.
- Add or reduce the red chillies according to your taste.
- Transfer the podi to an airtight container only when it is completely cooled down.