Khamang Kakdi Recipe,Kakdi Chi Koshimbir
Khamang Kakdi Recipe,Kakdi Chi Koshimbir. A delicious and an easy salad of cucumbers, roasted peanuts, coconut tempered and coriander leaves.
My family likes cucumber a lot, so I make many dishes out of cucumber. Gj is a salad person, so whenever he buys cucumber, he would ask me to make this Khamang Kakdi or Greek Cucumber Salad for him. I make this Khamang Kakdi salad very often because it just needs the basic ingredients.
We are not a big fan of coconut. Whenever I make this Khamang Kakdi, I would add very less coconut just for the sake of adding it. If you love adding coconut, then add coconut generously. The more coconut you add, the more tastier this salad would be.
I usually make this salad for brunch during weekends or during my lazy days. This is a super easy and simple salad. Try this salad and your family will love it.
How to make khamang kakdi or kakdi chi koshimbir:
1. Dry roast peanuts until they turn crisp and then coarsely crush them using pestle ad mortar. Set aside.
2. Wash the cucumber and chop them. Keep them aside for 15 minutes. Now squeeze the water from them and put them in a bowl. Meantime, heat a teaspoon of oil or ghee. Then add mustard seeds, and when it splutters, add curry leaves and switch off.
3. Now add the cucumber, roasted peanuts, coconut, lemon juice, green chillies, coriander leaves, and the tempering. Toss well and just before serving, add sugar and salt.
Now, Kamang Kakdi recipe is ready! Serve immediately.
- You can either chop the cucumber or even slice them.
- You can add roasted peanuts as such or crush them.