Kambu Adai, Pearl Millet Pancakes, Pearl Millet Adai.A healthy, nutritional and tasty adai made with mixed dals and pearl millet/kambu.
I make Kambu adai very often at home as it is very good for health. I wanted to take pictures all the time when I make it, but somehow I miss it every time. This time I made sure to take pictures as much as I could and here I am with the tasty Kambu Adai recipe. Try it out and you will like it. It is not difficult at all.
Recently, I had the privilege to make this kambu adai for Puthiya Thalaimurai TV Channel and everyone liked it so much. You can watch the episode below:
Beginners, you may refer “How to buy and store toor dal” as a quick reference.
Kambu Adai |Pearl Millet Pancakes, Pearl Millet Adai recipe card:
How to make kambu adai or pearl millet pancakes or pearl millet adai:
1. Soak pearl millet/kambu, channa dal, toor dal, and urad dal in water for about two hours.
2. Drain the water and add a pinch of asafoetida and red chillies and grind it coarsely. Add little water if necessary.
3. Finely chop the onions, curry leaves and coriander leaves.
4. Add sombu powder, chopped onion, curry leaves,coriander leaves, and salt to the batter and stir well.
5. Heat a dosa pan. Take a ladle full of batter and spread it in a round shape. Apply oil on the sides of the adai. When adai is cooked on one side, flip it over and then cook on the other side too.
Now, Kambu Adai is ready!
- Do not grind the batter finely.
- Once you spread the batter into round shape, you can add chopped onions on top of it and then carefully flip it over when one side of the adai is cooked. You can also fry the onions separately and add it to the adai when one of its side is getting cooked. Fried onions gives a good flavor compared to the raw onions.
What is the difference between Kambu Adai and Kambu Dosa?
Kambu Dosa – Have to ferment the batter overnight.
Kambu Adai – Batter can be used instantly to make adai. No fermentation is needed.