Kacche kele ki sabzi, Raw banana stir fry
Kacche kele ki sabzi is a very simple and easy recipe that could be eaten with steamed rice or even rotis. You can also make it like gravy and have it along with pulkas.Kacche kele ki sabzi would be little spicy but rich in flavor.
I learned kacche kele ki sabzi by watching Chef. Venkatesh Bhatt’s show. Usually with raw plantain, I’ll make plantain poriyal and plantain fry. This dish is quite different from what I make regularly. Also, I learned that in North, people make this kacche kele ki sabzi during Navratri festival and is considered to be a vrat recipe.
I had enough plantains at home and wanted to give it a try. I thought it would be a good idea to post it now so you could also enjoy it during this Navratri season. Hope you all like it as much as I did.
If you are looking for some quick snack using raw banana/plantain, then you might like plantain bajji/vazhaikkai bajji.
Recipe Reference. Chef. Venkatesh Bhatt
How to make kacche kele ki sabzi or raw banana stir fry:
1. Heat oil in low-medium flame and roast red chillies, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and peppercorns. Now switch off the flame and add grated coconut. Stir well for a minute and let it cool down.
2.Cut the ends of the plantain and peel its skin. Slice the plantain into thin round slices and soak them in a cup of buttermilk. Meantime, heat a pan, drain the buttermilk and add the sliced plantains. Cook for about five minutes.
3. Meantime, grind the roasted spices coarsely by adding little water. Set it aside.
4. Now add turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt. Stir well and saute until the raw smell of the spices go away.
5. Add the ground paste, stir well and cook for five more minutes. Sprinkle little water and add curry leaves.
6. In a small pan, heat oil and let the mustard seeds splutter. Then add urad dal. Once urad dal turns golden brown, switch off and the seasoning to the plantain. Once the plantain gets blended with the spices and seasoning, add lemon juice and cook for a minute. Switch off and finally add coriander leaves. Give a quick stir.
Now, kacche kele ki sabzi is ready! Serve it with steamed rice.