Jam thumbprint cookies recipe, thumbprint cookies recipe
I made these jam thumbprint cookies for Sanvi’s valentines day party at school. It was super hit and all the kids loved it. The teacher later asked me for the recipe. You can make these cookies for any occasion land decorate it with any colorful jams and jellys.
You can use this recipe as a base, and decorate it the way you want. For example, you can sprinkle grated coconut or powdered sugar on top. The cookies look kind of little brown at the bottom, but actually it tasted so good. Try out this recipe, and you’ll love it.
How to make jam thumbprint cookies or thumbprint cookies:
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter first and then add sugar. Make sure the sugar is dissolved well. Add vanilla essence and beat once again.2. Add all purpose flour little by little and start beating. Once you get a crumbly mixture, stop beating and knead gently to form a smooth dough.3. Cover the dough, and refrigerate it for at least 45 minutes to 1 hour.Now preheat the oven to 180 degree C/ 360 degree F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush it with oil or butter.After 45 minutes, pinch a small portion of the dough and make small balls. Using your thumb, make an indention in the center of ball.4. You can also use 1/4 teaspoon measuring spoon or any curved spoon to make an indention on the balls.Arrange the balls on the baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the cookies turn golden brown.Cool down completely at least for 30mins.5. Meantime, melt the jam lightly for 3 to 4 minutes either by microwaving it for few seconds or double boiling it. This helps to easily spoon the jam. After the cookies have cooled down completely, spoon the jam on the indentions.Now, jam thumbprint cookies are ready! Store them in an airtight container.
- You could use ghee instead of butter.
- Refrigerating the dough is important as the cookies would not spread much while baking.
- You can use any jam you want.
- Once you take the cookies out of the oven, it will be soft. Once they cool down, they will harden.
- While arranging the cookies on a baking tray, leave enough space between them.
- You can fill the indentions with the jam even before baking. If you filling the jam before baking, then add little jam as there is a chance for the jam to ooze out while baking.
- You can also use Nutella or any other frosting instead of jam.
- If you are using salted butter, then skip the salt.
- While kneading the dough, if the dough does not come together, add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of milk and knead again. Do not add milk more than that.