Idli manchurian, chilli idli – A tasty and delicious snack made with leftover idli and served as a snack.
Whenever I hear the word “manchurian”, I will start drooling…I just love manchurian. My favorite is chicken manchurian. We have so many manchurian recipes: Gobi manchurian, mushroom manchurian, soya manchurian, vegetable manchurian, cabbage manchurian, idli manchurian etc. I love all of them. However I have tried only few. Idli manchurian is one among them. Trust me…it is very easy to make.
If you have left over idlis, then just give a try. You can serve this dish as a tiffin or appetizer. I make this dish whenever I have leftover idlis at home.
Last friday, I was talking to one of my friends while making this dish. My friend said she likes this idli manchurian recipe so much and requested me to post this recipe. So here you go my dear friend…
Idly manchurian, Leftover idly recipes, Chilli idli recipe card:
How to make idli manchurian or chilli idli:
1. Cut the idlis into small cubes. If you are using fresh idli, refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes.2. In a mixing bowl, add corn flour, maida, ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, saffron color, and little water. Combine well to form a thick paste. Dip the idli cubes into the batter well.3. Heat few drops of oil in a dosa pan. Place the battered idli, and roast the idli or deep fry them until golden brown. Drain the roasted idli in a tissue paper. Keep the roasted idli aside.4. In a non-stick pan, add a teaspoon of oil and heat it. Add garlic and ginger, and fry for a minute. Then add spring onions (white part), and fry until light brown. Now add capsicum and fry for two minutes.5. Add soya sauce and stir well for few seconds in high flame. Reduce the flame, add tomato sauce and salt, and stir well.6. Make a corn flour paste (combine 1/2 teaspoon of corn flour and 2 tablespoon of water). Add corn flour mixture and also little water. Stir well.7. When the mixture is hot, add the roasted idlis. Then add pepper powder, and stir well in such a way that the idlis are coated well. Sprinkle spring onions (green part) and cook for a minute. Give a quick stir and remove from the flame.Now, idli manchurian is ready! Serve hot.
- Refrigerate idli for at least 1/2 hour just before cooking as it will prevent idli from crumbling.
- Serve hot as it would become soggy as time passes by.
- Be careful while adding soya sauce as it may change the taste of the dish and also make it salty.
- Once you add fried idli, toss it gently or else idli will break.