Homemade Applesauce Recipe
Applesauce is a great food for your baby too. It is a perfect snack with wholesome ingredients to keep little bodies and minds going strong. Also an excellent source of Vitamin C.If someone in your house does not like bananas, then you can use bananas in the applesauce and good news is that they will not even know. Homemade applesauce is far better than the store bought ones.
Applesauce can be used as a substitute for fat in baked goods. You can also use applesauce to make yummy desserts.You can also freeze applesauce and use it whenever needed by just defrosting it.
Now, let’s move on to the applesauce recipe.
How to make Homemade Applesauce:
1. Peel the banana and apple. Cut them into small pieces. Put all the ingredients in a saucepan, add water and bring to boil; cover and simmer for five minutes, or until apple is pulpy.
2.Cool them down completely.Transfer them to a blender.
3. Blend until smooth.
Now Applesauce is ready! Store it in an airtight container.
- Gala and Fuji apples are great varieties for applesauce.
- Refrigerate applesauce up to 5 days or freeze up to 2 months.
- You can use this applesauce to make bread, desserts, muffins and cup cakes.
- You can drizzle this applesauce on muffins or cup cakes just like how you do it with an icing.