Greek Cucumber Salad Recipe
Greek Cucumber Salad Recipe. A light and refreshing salad made with cherry tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese, and lemon juice.
This is a call to all the salad or Greek food lovers. Those who read my blog regularly will know that I am not a huge fan of salads but my husband is. Prior to our marriage, he was eating only salads. I still can’t believe that he survived with just salads. In my case, if I do not eat rice for three days, my tongue would crave for rice. I still wonder how he was hooked to salads for a long time.
Apart from making Kachumber Salad and Khamang Kakdi, I would make this Greek Cucumber Salad often. Once the salad is ready, you should serve it immediately. As time passes by, onions and cucumber would start oozing out water and leave a watery salad. You can prepare the dressing ahead of time and drizzle it on the salad at the time of chopping cucumber and other veggies.
Dear salad lovers or Greek food lovers, give a shot to this Greek Cucumber Salad as I am sureyou will love it as much as we do.
How to make greek cucumber salad:
1. Peel cucumber and roughly chop the cucumber and cherry tomatoes. Add it to a large mixing bowl.2. Chop the onion and add it to the mixing bowl. Now crumble the feta cheese, and add it to the mixing bowl.3. In a small mixing bowl, combine the ingredients listed under “For Dressing”. Sprinkle the dressing on the salad and toss it well.Now, Greek Cucumber Salad recipe is ready! Serve immediately.
- Red onions taste great for this salad. I have used white onion as I didn’t have red onions at home.
- You can add kalamata olives.
- You can also add a tablespoon of Greek non-yogurt to the salad.
- Instead of lemon juice,you can add balsamic vinegar.