Flourless chocolate cake recipe, 3 ingredients chocolate cake
My friend vanessa called me on sunday night and said “nithya, guess what? I made cake without adding any flour. ” I was surprised and then asked myself, “Can we bake a cake without any flour? How does the cake form and taste like?” Vanessa told me that the cake was simply delicious and brought some for me the next day. When I tasted it, the cake was super moist, soft, and had an extra kick of chocolate flavor in it. When I say flourless and very few ingredients, did you guess what goes in it? Eggs, butter and chocolate…I hear you!
The cake has eggs in it so if your kids hate eggs then this cake would be apt for them. They would get more proteins without knowing that they are eating eggs. The chocolate would overpower the eggs so you kids cannot guess at all. I thought I should make this for kids who hate eggs.
Sanvi used to eat eggs three months ago, but these days she is little fussy about eating yolk. When I made this cake for her, she loved it and did not stop eating it at all. Even if you have two slices of the cake, your stomach will become full. Bake this cake for your kids and they will love it!
If you are a beginner in baking, then you might be interested to read the following:
basics of making cake (for beginners)
cake baking problems & causes
Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe, 3 Ingredients Chocolate Cake recipe card:
How to make flourless chocolate cake recipe or 3 ingredients chocolate cake:
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs and then using a mixer, beat the eggs at high speed until the volume doubles. This usually takes about 5 minutes.2. Meantime, preheat the oven to 325 degrees. In another mixing bowl, melt the chocolate and butter together. I melted them in microwave at 30 second intervals stirring them in between.3. Now fold the chocolate-butter mixture into the eggs mixture using a large spatula until only few streaks of egg are visible. Fold them little by little until it is well combined. Then pour it in a baking pan which is dusted with butter and flour (just for the cake to come out easily).4. Boil water in a separate pan. Meantime, place the baking pan on a large tray and keep it on the oven rack. Carefully pour in enough boiling water to the large tray about halfway up the side of the baking pan. Bake until the cake has risen slightly and the edges are just begging to set. A thin-glazed crust (like a brownie) should be formed on the surface. It takes about 20-25 minutes.5. Remove the baking pan from the water bath and set on a wire rack. Cool to room temperature (2nd picture). Cover and refrigerate until cool (3rd picture-after refrigeration).Just 30 minutes prior to serving, invert the cake onto a serving platter. If you wish, you can dust it with powdered sugar and top with berries. Enjoy!
- Line the bottom of the baking pan using a parchment paper or dust it with butter and then flour.
- Instead of using microwave, you can do this in a double boiler on a stove. Double boiler method – place the butter and chocolate mixture in a heat proof pan and then place it on a vessel that has simmering water. Keep stirring until the mixture melts completely.
- Be careful while pouring the boiling water on to the tray.
- You can also insert the thermometer into the center of the cake and read 140 degrees Fahrenheit to see if the cake is done.
- The cake can be refrigerated up to 4 days.
- While slicing the cake, dip the knife into hot water and then slice the cake. Repeat every time when you slice the cake.
The other cake recipes you might be interested:
Cakes with eggs:
custard powder snack cake
dates walnut muffin
instant 2 min chocolate mug cake
tutti frutti cookies