Egg kuzhambu recipe, muttai kuzhambu, egg curry recipe
Egg kuzhambu, egg curry – A traditional and authentic south indian egg kuzhambu served with rice.
I make egg dishes rarely at home. If I make any egg dishes, then it would be an omelette (GYM omelette, rice omelette) most of the times. This egg kuzhambu goes well with rice, chappathi, phulka and even idli/dosa.
When I am lazy, I will make this egg curry so that I can serve it with rice for lunch and with rotis for dinner. Gj loves this egg kuzhambu so much.
I wanted to post this egg kuzhambu recipe for a long time. Finally, I am here with this tasty egg curry recipe.
Beginners, you might want to refer “how to make perfectly hard-boiled eggs everytime“.
How to make egg kuzhambu or muttai kuzhambu or egg curry:
1. Grind coconut and cashew nuts to a fine paste.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add cardamom and cinnamon. Once they sizzle, add the onions and saute them. Add ginger garlic paste.
3. Once the raw smell of ginger garlic paste goes away, add green chillies and tomatoes. When the tomatoes turn soft and mushy, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin powder, salt, and pepper powder.
4. Saute well for 3 to 4 minutes. The raw smell of the masala powders should go away. Add two cups of water and boil well.
5. Reduce the flame to low-medium, and add the ground coconut and cashew paste.
6. Give a quick stir, and add the boiled eggs. Sprinkle coriander leaves and cook for two more minutes. Switch off the stove.
Now, egg kuzhambu/egg curry is ready! Serve hot with rice, idli, dosa and rotis.
- Adding cardamom and cinnamon is optional.
- Simmer the flame and then add the coconut and cashew ground paste.
- Once you add the ground coconut and cashew mixture and eggs, do not cook for more than 5 minutes.