Egg Biryani Recipe, How to Make Egg Biryani, Muttai Biryani
I am so glad that I have some friends who make very good biryani. Whenever they make biryani, they would make extra for us because they know we love biryani a lot. My mom makes very good biryani and all my friends love her biryani. Only a year back, I learn’t to make tasty and delicious biryani.
Earlier, when we go to restaurants and order Chicken Biryani, they would serve biryani with only chicken in it. These days, eggs come along with Chicken Biryani, so I think people are not ordering egg biryani much in restaurants.
The Egg Biryani recipe is quite simple, so try it at home and you will definitely like it. Enjoy Egg Biryani!
Beginners, you might want to refer to the post How to make boil eggs perfectly.
How to make egg biryani or muttai biryani:
1. Soak basmati rice in water for 15 to 30 minutes. Meantime, heat ghee and roast cashews until golden brown and set it aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, add eggs, one teaspoon chilli powder and salt. Sprinkle water, combine the ingredients well, and then marinade the eggs for five minutes.
3. In the same pan in which you fried cashew nuts, roast the eggs until golden brown and set aside. Heat oil or ghee, add cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and let them sizzle. Now add onions.
4. When onions turns transparent, add the ginger garlic paste. Once the raw smell of ginger garlic paste leaves, add the carrot and peas. Saute until the veggies are half-cooked.
5. Add green chillies, curd, mint leaves, and coriander leaves. Saute for two minutes, and then add tomatoes. Stir well.
6. Now add chilli powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Add three cups of water and bring it to boil.
7.Then add four cups of coconut milk and stir well. Add lemon juice.Now add the drained rice and stir well.
8.Finally add the roasted eggs and cashews. Close the cooker and put weight on it. Cook for five minutes and then bring the cooker down. Once the pressure releases, open the cooker.
Now, Egg Biryani is ready! Serve hot with raita or any gravy.