Dates walnut muffins recipe, eggless dates walnut muffins cake
For the past three years, I always wanted to try out dates walnut muffins or cake recipes. It did not happen for a long time. Last week, I bought a big pack of good quality dates. Why I have stressed so much on quality is because sometimes they just soak low quality dates in some syrup and sell it in a reasonable price. I have bought it once and felt disappointed. I feel the dates you get from middle east tastes the best.
Some of my friends when they visit india, get us a large quantity of dates. My father would make sure that my brother and I have at least three dates everyday. Nowadays, I add dates to smoothie and give it to sanvi and Gj. Sanvi will not know the difference at all. I will cut the sugar instead. Dates will give enough sweetness to the smoothie. Since this time I got the dates I wanted, I felt like trying out meetha chutney/dates tamarind chutney, Dates cake and also dates walnut muffins. It came out so well. We had these cakes for breakfast along with an omelette. We liked it so much. Hope you all like it too.
If you are looking for more similar cake recipes, then you might refer:
custard powder snack cake
Beginners, you may want to refer the following links:
basics of making a cake (for beginners)
cake baking problems & causes
Recipe reference. sharmispassions
How to make dates walnut muffins:
1. Boil milk and soak the dates in 1/4 cup of hot milk for 10 minutes. By then, dates would have softened and the milk would have cooled down. Grind it in a blender until it becomes a smooth paste. If you have dates in bits and pieces, even then it is fine.2. Sieve all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda twice or at least once and keep it aside. In a mixing bowl, combine butter , oil and sugar. Meantime, preheat oven to 180C/360F for 10-15 minutes.3. Mix them well and then add the dates paste. Stir well.4. Add the remaining milk to the dates mixture. Stir well. Then fold in the all purpose flour/maida little by little and combine well.
5. Finally, add the chopped walnuts. Grease the muffin tray with butter and dust it with all purpose flour/maida. I have used the muffin liners. You can also use the parchment paper. Spoon the mixture and add it to the muffin pans till 3/4 of the muffin liners. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a fork inserted comes out clean.Now, dates walnut muffins are ready!
- If you want, you could add oil instead of butter.
- You can use nutella as the frosting.
- Depending upon the color of the dates, the color of the muffins will vary.
- If you do not have walnuts at home, use whichever nuts you have.
- You can use brown sugar instead of the regular granulated sugar.
- Do not open the oven in the first 15 minutes. Open it at the last 5 minutes to see if the muffins are done.