Corn pulao recipe
Corn pulao is very similar to my peas pulao and we all love it. It is damn easy to make and taste so good. I make corn pulao often for potluck parties and my friends always loved this pulao. Hope you all like it too.
Other corn recipes that you might be interested are:
sweet corn vegetable soup
How to make corn pulao:
1. Soak basmati rice in water for at least 15 minutes.Meantime, grind pepper corns, ginger and garlic by adding little water to a fine paste. Set aside.
2. Heat oil and ghee in a pressure cooker. Add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, shahi jeera, and star anise and fry for 2 minutes. Then add the ground paste and fry till the raw smell of the paste goes away.
3. Once the paste gets fried for 2 minutes, add the sliced onions followed by green chillies and salt. Fry until it the onions turn light golden brown.
4. In medium flame, add the corns and fry for 2 minutes. Then add the mint leaves.
5. Once the mint leaves shrink, drain water from soaked basmati rice and add it. Stir well.
6.Now add water and when the water starts boiling, check for salt. Pressure cook for 2 whistles in medium low flame. Switch off. Once the pressure releases, open the cooker carefully and fluff it up with a fork.
Now, corn pulao is ready!Serve hot with any gravy of your choice.
- If you are not confident using pressure cooker, make this rice in a wide-bottomed pan. Simmer the flame to low and cook covered for 12 to 15 minutes.
- I have used frozen corns. If using fresh corns, separate the kernels and wash it well.
- You can even fry cashews and add it to the pulao.