Coconut burfi recipe, how to make coconut barfi
Coconut burfi recipe, thengai burfi. A delicious and traditional indian sweet made with fresh grated coconut.
If you’re a coconut lover, this fudge is for you! Make sure you cook this delicious sweet in a non-stick pan that won’t make your burfi burn easily or stick to the pan.
Kids would definitely love this special treat – coconut burfi, a rich and amazing sweet.Coconut burfi is the first sweet I learned when I was in my 8th grade. My teacher Ms. Lilly Mary taught us how to make this quick and easy coconut burfi.Whenever I relish this coconut burfi, it reminds me of the fond memories that I had with my teacher. She is not with us anymore, but her recipe and moral lessons would stay with me forever. I dedicate this coconut burfi post to her.
Coconut burfi is perfect for the holidays or anytime you’re in the mood for some rich sweets.Diwali is coming up anyway. So it is a great excuse for a treat, agree?
How to make coconut burfi:
1. Heat ghee in a pan. Roast cashew nuts until golden brown and set aside.
2. Grease a pan with ghee and set aside. In a non-stick pan, bring sugar and water to boil.3. The sugar mixture would start bubbling up. Keep stirring continuously until you reach a single string consistency.4. To test single string consistency, take a drop and when you test it between thumb and forefinger, a long string should be formed. At this stage, add grated coconut.5. Stir well until you see some bubbles coming at the edges of the mixture.6. Once you see the bubbles, add ghee, cashew nuts and cardamom powder. Stir well7. When the coconut mixture forms a mass and starts leaving the sides of the pan, switch off. Transfer the mixture to the greased pan. You can level the coconut burfi by pressing it with the back of the spoon.8. Cut the coconut burfi into pieces while it is still warm. Cool down completely and then store it in an airtight container.Now, coconut burfi is ready!
- I have added the brown part of the coconut and thats the reason why my coconut burfi is light brown in color. If you want your coconut burfi to be white, then add freshly grated coconut without its scraped brown part.
- You can use pizza slicer for cutting the coconut burfi.
- Make pieces when coconut burfi is warm, else it would be very difficult to cut them into pieces.