Chicken lollipop – A delicious and mouth-watering chicken starter made with chicken drumsticks.
My mom makes tandoori chicken and chicken lollipop often. When she came here for my second delivery, she tried this recipe on her own. It came out very well and all of us liked it. Then I requested her to make again. She made it on the last day she left to India.
Amidst shopping and packing, I tried taking pictures as much as I could. This is my mom’s version of chicken lollipop.
It had a perfect blend of all spices and was tasty and crispy because of bread crumbs. We loved it and was more happy to eat it for the second time.
Here comes the recipe of chicken lollipop …
How to make chicken lollipop or grilled chicken:
1. In a large bowl, add chicken pieces and all the ingredients except egg white and bread crumbs. Add little water such that chicken thighs are well coated with the spices and powders.2. Marinade the chicken for an hour. Then coat the chicken well with beaten egg white.3. Again coat the chicken well in the bread crumbs. Meantime, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Cover the baking pan with an aluminum foil. Sprinkle oil on the foil.4. Wipe the excess marinade off the chickens, and place the marinated chicken on the aluminum foil or baking pan. The chicken pieces should not touch each other. Leave enough space between them. Then, place the baking pan in the center rack of the oven. Broil the chicken for 15 to 20 minutes. Now, take out the baking tray and using a thong, turn the chicken pieces over and broil again for an additional 15 minutes.
Your chicken is cooked if it shows the following:
- Chicken should look crispy and charred in some edges of the chicken.
- Chicken should begin to come off the bones.
- Chicken juices should run clear when you pierce it near the bone with a sharp knife.
Now, chicken lollipop is ready! Serve with tomato ketchup or mint raita.
- Oven timings varies with each oven so make sure you check yours carefully.
- If the chicken pieces are cooked on low heat, then the chicken will become tough once cooked.
- Chicken thighs are best for chicken lollipop.
- You can also deep fry it in oil.