Chettinadu nandu kuzhambu recipe, chettinad crab curry
Chettinadu nandu kuzhambu. An authentic and mouth-watering chettinadu kuzhambu that goes well with rice or an an accompaniment to dosa and idli.
We make crab recipes like crab coconut masala, nandu kuzhambu etc. when fresh crabs are ample during the summer. During weekends, when we tell our family that we are going to make nandu kuzhambu, there would always be a sense of excitement that surrounds the dining table.
If you are looking for a easy, mouth watering kuzhambu or curry, then this is a perfect recipe for you. Chettinadu nanny kuzhambu is quite simple to make and the taste will just linger in your mouth even after a day or so. Once you have the cleaned crabs ready, making this chettinad nandu kuzhambu is easy and pleasurable.
The crabs would absorb the flavor from kuzhambu, so when you eat it you will get to taste its sweet and succulent meat. I learned this nandu kuzhambu from a tv show sutralam suvaikalam, and the moment I saw this dish, I wanted to try it out at home. This nandu kuzhambu will certainly tantalize your taste buds.
Hope you all like this chettinadu nandu kuzhambu recipe!
How to make chettinadu nandu kuzhambu or chettinad crab curry:
1. Bring water to boil and add the tomatoes. Once the tomatoes’ skin shrinks, switch off. Show the tomatoes under cold running water and peel its skin. Transfer it to a mixer.
2. Grind the tomatoes to a fine puree and set aside. In a mixer, add ingredients listed under “to grind”.
3. Grind to a smooth paste. Heat oil in a pan, and add fennel seeds and fenugreek seeds.
4. Add garlic, small onion and chopped big onion. Saute until onions turn light brown. Then add turmeric powder, chilli powder, and coriander powder. Stir well.
5. Cook for a minute, and then add the tomato puree. Stir well and let the mixture become dry. Then add the crab and mix well such that crabs get well coated with the masala.
6. Add salt and tamarind paste. Stir well and cook for a minute. Then add water.
7. Now add the ground mixture and simmer the flame. Cook until the curry thickens. Switch off.
Now, chettinadu nandu kuzhambu/chettinad crab curry is ready! Serve hot with rice or as an accompaniment to dosa or idli.
- In the original recipe, the ground mixture is added while adding the turmeric powder and chilli powder. In my post, I have added it at the end.