How to Buy and Store Fresh Tomatoes
How to buy and store fresh tomatoes.Get tips on buying,storing, and using tomatoes in some delicious tomato based recipes.
I know many of you would be aware of how to buy and store fresh tomatoes. I am writing this post for beginners who are new to cooking.
Last week when I went to a grocery store, I saw a couple arguing with each other on whether the tomatoes are good or not. Only then it stuck to me that I should write a post on how to buy and store vegetable and fruits. First, I thought I will start with tomatoes.
So lets get to the point.
Buy and Store Fresh Tomatoes. How to choose tomatoes?
- feel heavy for their size
- smell earthly and have smooth skin
- free of any bruises or blemishes
- be bright red in color
- give a little to gentle pressure
- never mushy or flat.
Buy and Store Fresh Tomatoes.How to store tomatoes?
- don’t pile or stack tomatoes in a bag so that they squash one another.
- do not refrigerate tomatoes.
Buy and Store Fresh Tomatoes.How to freeze tomatoes?
- Chop tomatoes and place in a plastic sealable bag, and squeeze out as much air as possible.
A healthy and simple Italian appetizer that can be prepared in minutes with just a handful of ingredients.
An easy and flavorful pasta made with fresh tomatoes and garlic.
A flavorful and delicious biryani made with tomato and simple spices.