Broccoli fritters recipe
Having heard the goodness of broccoli recently, I started making a lot of broccoli recipes at home. I have posted many broccoli recipes in my blog. This one is a snack recipe and even the kids will love it. Believe me…it has high ratio of broccoli in it. You can hide these goodness in the name of fritters and serve this crispy snack to the kids.
I learned this recipe from my friend Vanessa. I had a big pack of broccoli and when I was thinking of what to make, Vanessa came out with this Broccoli Fritters recipe. I made it last weekend for our Saturday one hour ride. Wow, it was so tasty and delicious. All of us had a good treat.
Broccoli Fritters is very simple to make. You know what, you don’t even need a tomato ketchup for this snack. Yes, it is a wholesome snack. Try it out and let me know. I’ll be happy to hear from you.
Other broccoli recipes that you might be interested are:
How to make broccoli fritters:
1. Boil broccoli until tender and mash the broccoli along with its stems roughly using fork or potato masher. Do not mash it completely. If you just flatten or squish it is enough.Avoid big chunks of broccoli sticking out.
2. Now break the eggs and add it to the broccoli along with little salt. Now add the black pepper powder, minced garlic and milk. Mix well.
3. Then add the cheddar cheese and mix well. Since we have boiled the broccoli, it would leave a lot of water. To remove excess water from the broccoli mixture, place the broccoli mixture in a muslin cloth or tissue paper and squeeze it well.
4. When you squeeze it, it will leave a lot of water. Drain the water and then shape it like small patties and arrange it in a plate. Heat oil in a pan, and dust the patties in the All Purpose Flour/Maida.
5. Shallow fry the patties in the hot oil. Once it turns golden brown on one side, flip it over and cook the other side until it turns golden brown. Then drain the patties in a tissue paper to remove excess oil.
Now, Broccoli Fritters are ready! Serve hot.You can eat it as such or serve with tomato ketchup,coriander yogurt raita and Mint Yogurt Raita.
- Instead of cheddar cheese, you can add parmesan cheese.
- Boil or steam broccoli in a pan. Do not microwave it as it will leave a lot of water and would be quite difficult to shape the patties.
- You can avoid using milk.
- You can fry the broccoli fritters in canola oil, olive oil, or sunflower oil.
- You can use the stems of the broccoli.
- Make sure you squeeze the excess water from the broccoli before shallow frying them.