Bread pulao recipe
I had a bag of bread lying in my pantry, so wanted to use it before it gets stale. I wanted to make some exotic bread dish. When I was thinking of some bread recipes, I finally came up with Bread Pulao.
Bread Pulao is such a flavorful pulao and very easy to make. I made it for my neighbor, and they loved it so much.
If you are a calorie-conscious person, only thing that will bother you is the deep or shallow frying of bread pieces. I tried light shallow frying or toasting the bread pieces, but it did not come out tasty as the deep fried ones.
Gj loved it so much and asked me to make bread pulao for this month’s potluck. It is definitely an ideal food for a potluck or party. I am sure you are going to love this Bread Pulao recipe.
Recipe Reference. Ms. Kalaiselvi Chockalingam
How to make bread pulao:
1. Soak rice in water for 15 minutes. Meantime, cut the bread slice into small pieces and deep fry it in hot oil. Once it turns crisp and golden brown, take it out and drain in tissue paper to remove excess oil.
2. Heat ghee and oil and then add cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf, and cardamom. Add onions and fry until transparent.
3. Then add green chillies and ginger garlic paste. Saute for two to three minutes, and then add mint leaves and coriander leaves.
4. When mint and coriander leaves shrink in size, add curd, salt and coconut milk. Stir well and add a cup of water.
5. When it starts boiling, add the drained rice.Stir well, and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
6.Once pressure releases, open and carefully mix the rice and fluff it up. Finally, add the roasted bread pieces and give a gentle stir.
Now, bread pulao is ready! Serve hot with raita.