Besan ladoo recipe, How to make besan ladoo. A popular and rich dessert made with roasted gram flour, ghee and powdered sugar.
When dad and mom came to help me for my second pregnancy, I wanted to make some kind of an easy sweet for them. At the same time, Sanvi should also like the sweet. When I gave options to Sanvi, she picked up besan ladoo. Usually, Sanvi likes burfis, ladoos and urundais a lot. I have made so many varieties of ladoos for her. This time she said she wanted besan ladoo. I did not give a second thought. I made it for her, and she just loved it. Not only Sanvi, my family also loved it.
Besan ladoo recipe, How to make besan ladoo recipe card:
How to make besan ladoo or besan ladoo recipe:
1. Sieve besan flour once. Now add besan flour to the pan and under medium flame, dry roast it well by stirring continuously until the color changes to golden brown. The flour should roast well or else it will not taste good. This will take about 10 minutes. Transfer the roasted besan flour to a large mixing bowl and let it cool down.2. Heat ghee in another pan. Fry raisins and cashew nuts until cashew nuts turn golden brown and raisins plump up. Add fried cashew nuts and raisins to besan flour.
3. Powder the sugar with cardamom (elaichi), and add it to besan flour.4. Mix the powdered sugar, besan flour, fried cashew nuts, and raisins well and then add melted hot ghee. When mixture is warm enough, combine well to form a smooth ladoo and shape it well to form small balls. You can grease your hands with ghee to avoid sticking. Once ladoo cools down completely, store it in an airtight container.
Now besan ladoo is ready!
- Be sure you roast besan flour well, if not laddoos will taste raw.
- To make a smooth and perfect laddoo, apply little ghee on your fingers and shape them.
- If you add more ghee, laddoo will be more moist and shiny. At the same time, do not add ghee more than required as it will make laddoos very soft and you will find difficult to hold them.
- Do not lessen the quantity of ghee because it adds taste and helps to shape up ladoos.
- You can use chopped pistachios and almonds for garnishing the ladoos.
- For crunchy ladoos, you can also add 1 tbsp of roasted sooji (ravai) along with besan flour.
- If you have added a lot of ghee and cannot make firm ladoos, refrigerate the ladoo mixture for 30 minutes and then shape up the ladoos. Refrigerating the ladoo mixture will solidify the ghee and helps to make firm ladoos.
- You can also add few drops of milk for binding the mixture, but it will lessen the shelf life of the laddoos.
- If the ladoo mixture has dried up, add little ghee and shape it again.