Beetroot curry recipe, Beetroot stir fry recipe
I make this beetroot curry often and serve it with curd rice, sambar and rasam. Since we add a pinch of sugar, this beetroot curry taste little sweet but the taste would be absolutely delicious. If you don’t want the beetroot stir fry to taste little sweet, please reduce the quantity of sugar.
I make beetroot recipes often at homelike beetroot shorba, beetroot masala curry, beetroot leaves dal, beetroot sambar, beetroot kootu and beet cutlet. Sometimes,I even make juice with beets, apple and spinach.
Beetroot has several health benefits. Some of them are as below:
- lowers blood pressure and good for the heart
- helps prevent cancer
- good for the liver
- boosts energy levels and fights inflammation
- promotes brain health
- controls blood sugar and aids digestion
- reduces bad cholesterol
- benefits pregnancy
- helps treat anemia
- improves sexual health
- prevents cataract
- promotes stronger bones and teeth
- aids weight loss
How to make beetroot curry or beetroot stir fry:
1. Grate the beetroot using the big holes in the grater. Heat oil in the pan. Add mustard seeds and urad dal and wait till it splutters. Then, add red chillies. Fry for a minute.2. Add grated beetroot.Add little water say (less than 1/4 cup of water) to the grated beetroot and close the lid. Let it cook till the water is absorbed well. Then, add salt and sugar according to your taste and stir once before you bring the pan down.Now, beetroot curry or beetroot stir fry is ready!